Call for Abstracts: CSU Channel Islands Nursing and Allied Health Global Health Symposium
California State University Channel Islands will hold their 1st Annual Global Health Symposium. This symposium is designed to enhance and develop leaders in the field of Nursing and other Allied Health Majors. As stated in the Channel Islands Nursing Program objectives, the main focus of this event is to identify and evaluate population health issues by focusing on health promotion and disease prevention throughout the life span including assisting individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations. This program will provide a platform for interdisciplinary professionals and students, at all level of academia, to exchange dialog, collaborate, and engage in scholarly activities to improve health outcomes at local, national, and global levels.
The participants will:
- Identify and discuss issues that impact health on the local, national, and global levels.
- Analyze cutting edge theoretical concepts utilized to care for vulnerable populations.
- Explore population research at all levels of academia and practice.
- Explain current trends in health care policy and practice.
- Submissions are welcome from Nursing and Allied Health Graduate level or above Students/Graduates and Nursing and Allied Health Faculty with scholarly works related to care of vulnerable populations and population health with a local, national, and/or global focus.
- Submissions must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific time on Friday, March 16th , 2018.
- All abstracts, not to exceed 500 words, APA format in either Arial or Times New Roman in 12-point font. Abstracts are to be submitted using the form below.
Abstract Selection and Notification
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out by March 23rd, 2018.
- Presenters need to register online as presenters by March 16th, 2018.
PRESENTATION INFORMATION AFTER ABSTRACTS ARE SELECTED
Podium: In general, each abstract in a podium session is allotted 15 minutes for presentation, with 10 minutes for audience questions. Presentations will occur in the order they appear in the program. Podium presenters are expected to attend the entire session in which their research is featured.
Please submit your presentation PowerPoint to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st, 2018.
Poster: Poster submissions should be 36” x 48” or 48” x 56” in size. You will be asked to set up your poster on the day of the conference during the registration period. Presenters are expected to attend the entire poster presentation session. Please submit your poster to email@example.com by April 1st, 2018.
- The online program will be available for you to print or use on your mobile device and this will include the specific time for each abstract presentation, the name of the moderator for each session and meeting room assignments. Abstracts may list multiple study authors.
- Abstracts, PowerPoints from all keynote speakers, and podium presenters will be available on snaconference.cikeys.com for participants following the conference. The proceedings will not be copyrighted. You may publish your research/paper elsewhere. However, we request that you include a notation that the research/paper was presented at the 1st Annual CSU Channel Islands Nursing and Allied Health Global Health Symposium.
- Each submitter or symposium contact person will be notified about the Program Committee’s decision on acceptance of an abstract. Each author is asked to accept the invitation to present and then registrar as a presenter snaconference.cikeys.com. We ask that presenters take very seriously their commitment to present, except in cases of true emergency.
- Please contact Dr. LaSonya Davis, DNP, WHMP-BC, FNP at (805) 437-3878 firstname.lastname@example.org or Melanie Cross, MSN, RN, PHN (661) 644-2139 email@example.com.